HIRE OUR THEATRE FOR PERFORMANCES, MEETINGS, WORKSHOPS, PHOTOSHOOTS, FILMING, REHEARSALS AND MORE.
It is possible to hire our Theatre at Hever Castle for private events, and organisations such as Rock Choir, St John's Ambulance, Kent and International Needs have chosen to do so over the years. The following information provides some basic details regarding the venue and should help you decide whether the Festival Theatre might be the right venue for your event:
- The auditorium seats 450 people in reserved chairs, of which 380 are under cover. In addition there is space to seat up to a further 120 people in unreserved grass seating areas to either side of the main seating stands
- The stage is fully covered and is 9.6 metres wide by 7.2 meters deep.
- There are dressing tents and a space for prop and costume storage immediately behind the stage within the same covered canopy.
- Theatre Hire includes full use of the Theatre's sound and light facilities and a technical spec can be provided upon request. It also includes a lighting operator for the period of the event and a Theatre Operations Manager to oversee get-in/get-out for your performance.
- Theatre Hire includes access to a proportion of Hever Castle gardens: the Two Sister's Lawn, the Rose and Blue Gardens and the Lakeside picnicking areas. The Guthrie Pavilion forms part of your facilities for the evening and can provide pre-theatre suppers and interval refreshments for your audience. There is also scope to provide event specific catering such as a gala dinner or hog roast, subject to negotiation with the restaurants operators.